Public Looking Glass Notes
This is a version of our internal Looking Glass implementation which we're
making available to the wider Internet community as a public service. It
will let you view network routing information on three of our core routers:
- gw1.nrwknjmd.ispnetinc.net - 165 Halsey Street, Newark, NJ
- gw1.nycmnycz.ispnetinc.net - 25 Broadway, New York, NY
- gw1.nycrnybb.ispnetinc.net - 7 Teleport Drive, Staten Island, NY
The information available in this public version is limited to routing data.
ISPnet customers have access to additional tools, including the full version
of the Looking Glass. We hope you find this tool useful and informative. Feel
free to send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one query per router is allowed at any given time. This is to avoid
resource deprivation on the Looking Glass host or the router. The
Looking Glass will attempt to serialize queries. This may make it seem
like "nothing is happening", but please be patient.
- The Looking Glass will ping a router prior to querying it to avoid
trying to query routers which are down or otherwise inaccessible.
- Login failures can be intermittent or permanent, either due to the
router being inaccessible from the Looking Glass machine,
or authorization failure(s). Please contact us at the above address if
you encounter recurring problems.
- Queries followed by <something> require an argument(s) in the text
window below the query list. Some queries take optional arguments
denoted by [something]. Multiple arguments should be separated by a
- Note that output from certain queries is cached by the server and may
be slightly out of date. These queries will be noted as such in the
output. This is limited to queries which could produce extensive
- Note that some queries have potential to produce great load on the router
and produce lots of output, such as 'sh ip bgp' or 'sh ip bgp reg '^3561'.
The Looking Glass attempts to deny such commands.
- Some queries will take some time to complete (for example, a traceroute
through one or more non-responsive hosts). Output will be displayed as it
is returned by the router. Please be patient.
- ISPnet, Inc. reserves the right to modify, limit or discontinue access to
this service at any time.